Friday, October 24, 2014

And I'm back in the game!

So this morning started out rocky. I am not sure if it's the fall weather, but I can not get my rear end out of bed in the morning. I have all the high hopes the night before, get all my gear out ext... Then the morning alarm sounds and I'm like "ugh" how is it 4:35 am already?!
Well this morning I was late but I still went. I went without a plan. I always have a plan about that I am going to do, then I don't have to think about it. This morning I was just kinda a mess. No energy no plan, mess. So I did my best which included:

  • 3 minute warm up/wake up walk @ 3.0 mph
  • leg press 3 x 12 1 at 120# and 2 at 140#
  • leg curling machine ( hamstring) 3 x 12 at 70#
  • quad machine 3 x 12 1 at 70# 2 at 75#
  • interval running - no incline because I kinda just forgot about putting the incline on. 15 min intervals with speed setting at 5.5 mph and rest setting at 3.3 mph - I was having a horrible time running. I felt stiff and uncomfortable. I wasn't too excited. But then this happened...
  • Ran  5.5 mph for 22 miles = 2.0 miles! And my knee did not bother me one bit!! So excited, it was great :) 
That is a total for 2.5 miles ( 2.0 miles consecutively which is the most in 7 months!!)

Enjoy the weekend, happy running!!

No comments:

Post a Comment