Tuesday, November 4, 2014

When you just need to rest.

I have not been to the gym since last Thursday. It's Tuesday. I have a chest cold I just can't shake. And I would usually give it a go at the gym if I thought it was worth it. But I just don't. I really feel like I need the rest and my body needs to recover. The WORST part of this whole chest cold, besides the actual cold and my fear PJ will get another ailment do to my germs, is I have new Pearl Izumi shoes just sitting there waiting for me. I got them last Friday and have get to get them out for a spin. Ugh, Stinks.
I know I've mentioned how I find it irritating to hear runners/workouters talk about food, because not everyone has the same palate. And it can come across as condescending in my opinion. Anyway I feel the same way about when people say you should/shouldn't work out. Don't miss more than 3 days, never miss a Monday, blah blah blah.
Here's reality: I have a child who gets sicks. I too get sick. I work every other weekend and sometimes feel tired on Mondays. I say do what works for you. I am taking a break to feel better. And I might feel better tomorrow but PJ might be sick, so we'll deal with that. I think it shouldn't be so black and white. There is a lot of gray areas.
But overall I hope to be healthy again and get my feet in those new shoes! :)
Stay healthy and Run on!

No comments:

Post a Comment