Thursday, October 23, 2014

Well I failed....And I'm happy about it!

So my mission to complete 6 days of workouts came to an end this morning when I didn't workout and I am glad. I am SUPER sore this morning. My gracious! Yesterday was suppose to be an easy/recovery day for me and I tried a few new things and I am sore! haha. I guess there are worse things in the world to feel besides sore muscles.
So a break down of what I've been doing: (If I can remember)
Monday:

  • squats weighted 15# 3 x 12
  • crunches on yoga ball 50 forward and 25 each side total 100
  • leg press 3 x 12 120# x1 and 140 # x 2
  • donkey kicks 3 x 12 (each leg) @ 50#
  • running intervals 2 x 15 mins one set walking/running one set logging/running - walking at a 3.3 mph rate, running at a 5.5 mph. Then logging at 4.5 mph and running at 6.0 mph.
  • stretches after running - always!
  • rowing machine for 10 mins vigorous (around 600-700 cals/hr) Back back is still kinda barking from this I really pushed myself.
Tues:

  • 5 mins walking ( to wake up)
  • weighted lunges 10 # total 3 x 30
  •  squats weighted 15# 3 x 12
  • running intervals with an incline during the first set: walking and running 3.3/5.5 mph 2%/4% one running at 8% right in the middle 
  • jogging/running intervals with no incline at 4.5 mph/ 6.0 mph
  • cool down for 3 minutes with stretching I've got a new ITBS stretch which is awesome! I've never done a stretch for that area that you can actually feel stretch it.
Weds:
  • 5 minutes wake up walk
  • hamstring machine 3 x 12 @ 70#
  • quad machine 3 x 12 @ 75#
  • donkey kick machine 3 x 12/ each leg at 50#
  • elliptical- glute setting #2. 30 minutes plus 5 min cool down. This setting does forward and backward motions during the 30 min set. I always feel nervous about backwards because I feel a pull in my knee. I didn't feel much of that but I do slow w..a....y.. down.
  • 10 min cool down which didn't end up being a cool down. It was 10 minutes of walking at 3.0 mph on the treadmill on an incline. 3 mins 4%, 3 mins 6%, 3 mins 8% and 1 minutes cool down no incline. This was tough! And I think the reason I am sore. But in a good way. I feel like the parts of me that need to be strengthened is were I feel the soreness which is good, I was working the right area. I did this treadmill exercise after reading in my runners magazine (shocker) that that is better than jumping on the elliptical for 10 minutes. And I agree. That will be part of my routine now. 
  • Stretches
Thurs:

  • Rest :)
Enjoy your day! I have a high hope to trail run this Saturday morning :) I loves these trails I plan on going on, they look so inviting. Plus this weekend I am getting new shoes. Pearl Izumi's!! I will always and forever be a Pearl izumi girl!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment