Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Sprints and Inclines

This morning I really didn't want to get up. But I did because I knew I'd get to eat my Clip crunchy peanut butter bar after, which food is always an incentive for me, especially those.

My workout was:

  • 3 sets x 12 weighted (15 lbs) squats   
  • walk on the treadmill for 3 mins to warm up at 3.0 mph
  • stretched my quads and hips
  • intervals  for 15 mins ( I can only do 15 mins at a time because it alternates between 1 min run 1 min walk and that all my knee can handle at the moment.) Run pace at 5.0 mph and walk at 3.3 mph. Incline (during both run and walk)  at 2% for 5 mins, 4% for 5 mins, 6% for 4 mins and the last run at 8.0%. 
  • interval for 15 mins. Incline at 4% for 5 mins, 6% for 5 mins and 8% for 5 mins. 
  • interval for 10 mins. No incline for the first 5 mins, then 10% incline at running and 4.5% at walk. 
  • recovery walk for 2 mins. 
Total calories: approx. : 400 with squats. Not bad for 50 mins. 
I felt so good after this workout. I felt I gave it a good go. I'll be visiting the bike again tomorrow to give my knee a rest. But I will say it isn't giving me any fits. It was nice focusing something else this morning while running. I was more worried about how bad it will hurt if I fell and broke my face during the 10% incline! haha. 
Happy running!


No comments:

Post a Comment