Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Almost didn't do it...

This morning I really, really didn't want to get up. But I did. And as usual I am glad I did. I started my morning with 15 mins on the rowing machine. I use to be able to do like 30-45 mins, but honestly it's SO boring I haven't been able to do more than 15 mins lately.
Then it was off to the treadmill. I am not one of those runners who hates the treadmill. I actually enjoy it. I feel pretty comfortable on it. I think its because I started running on it. So there is a sense of security or something. Plus I love messing with all the buttons and trying new things.
So on the treadmill for a 15 min interval with only a 2% incline, running and walking. But I did increase my speed during the running and walking. Then I had to bit the bullet and try, try to see if I could actually run. I ran for 10 mins. At around minute 8 my knee started to hurt but not in the usual spot. So that's super cool. (not really) I cooled down and felt bummed. I realized again how I've gotta get more aggressive with my leg/butt strength training.
I have this high hope of running a half marathon in my home town in April. T-minus 6 months away! And I currently can't run longer that 1.5 miles as of right now. I'm thinking about making a challenge for myself. Like while watching t.v. do squats the whole time there is a commercial break. Something like that. Because once I'm done working out in the morning I don't usually give it a second thought. It's like workout- check and done. So we'll see how I can work that into the rest of my day.
Then I did some leg pressed, moved the weight up to 140#. and then the hamstring curl machine at 70# and then leg extensions at 75#. I did the donkey kick machine (sorry don't know actual name of machine).
So break down:

  • seated rowing 15 mins (150 cals)
  • run/walk intervals at 2% incline walk-3.5 mph /run 5.5 mph (150 cals with walking warm up and cool down)
  • running at 5.5 mph for 10 mins (100 cals)
  • legs press 2 x 25 1 rep at 120 # and the other at 140#
  • hamstrings 3 x 12 70#
  • quads 3 x 12 70#
  • donkey kicks 3 x 12/leg at 50# 
Total 450 cals total. Not bad! (for not wanting to go)

Have a wonderful day and happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment