Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The bike

Since being "off of running" for a few months ( March to be exact..but who's counting, oh me that's right!) haha anyway I started taking up cycling. I started in the gym on the stationary bike and have now moved onto the rail trail. On most weekends I can even get my husband and PJ to go out with me. I try to do at least two days of biking in the gym and then maybe once on the weekend.
I have noticed a huge difference!

Because after my knee started to give me problems I read all about how my glutes and legs aren't strong enough and that's why my ITBS happened. I'm also trying to do more squats (weighted) and lunges.

Biking on a weekly bases is what has made me think about doing a triathlon. I would have NEVER in a million years think that I would ever consider doing one, but hey, why the heck not! I just need to learn now to swim better. I mean I know how to swim, like I wouldn't drown if I was tossed into a body of water but I would definitely fatigue quickly trying to get back to the shore. So I think this winter the YMCA and I will become good friends as I learn how to improve me swimming skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment